Padma Mudra and Sparking Creativity

 


Padma Mudra, or Lotus Mudra
A symbol of the ability to rise above challenges, spark creativity, lift you up to the light and rise above.

On this, the first day of the new year, it is a fitting representation of what I hope to accomplish in 2023.  I want to reignite my creativity and spark all sorts of joy in my life.  A few months ago, I experienced something, a sort of new muse, that inspired me to create in a way I never had before.   I started drawing again, but not in the same manner as I had 15 years ago when I last drew anything seriously.  It's been feverish and intense, interchanging pencil and pen and charcoal and testing my limits.  There's been some good, some bad, but all have been a cautious exploration into my mind.

This Mudra isn't finished: my mind has further goals and dreams for what it will be before its done.  Those are still blooming and growing, and will come over the next few weeks or months, but it ignited something in me for sure.  I'll bring you all through the journey with me, through each drawing and canvas that is growing in my mind as a full exploration into my soul.  Hopefully the end product will be as beautiful as the creative emotions swirling in my mind.